Translate

Fun Friday Snacks

Email me to sign up for a Fun Friday Snack date. The dates that do not have a student name are available. Please remember to send in enough snacks for 21 students.

January:
13~
20~ Gesler
27~ Ms. Finocchiaro
February:
3~ Komarea
10~ Noelani
17~ Sophia
24~ Noelani
March:
3~ Noah
10~ Leilani
16~ Ms.Finocchiaro :)
31~ Jaiden
April:
7~ Komarea
21~ Gabriel
May:
5~
12~
19~
26~
June:
2~ Ms. Finocchiaro

Sunday, May 7, 2017

International Day Parade

Image result for international day parade
A few of you have emailed me questions about the Parade, so I wanted to make a post about it.

We will have a International Day Parade Friday morning. The students that are dressed in traditional clothing for a country and have the countries flag & Sign of the countries name will participate by walking in the parade. This means... if your child wears a Karate Gi, they may not be able to walk in the parade. Or shorts with flip flops, they may not be able to walk in the parade.

Some dress ideas I remember= a toga for Greece, a flowery dress for the Island Countries, a kilt for Ireland or Scotland, cheongsam dress for China, I even remember seeing a pharoah from Egypt!

STUDENT DO NOT HAVE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PARADE! If a student is not dressing up for the Parade, they will sit with me outside our classroom and watch the parade. (I dress up a little but this is one parade that I LOVE to sit and watch!! It's amazing to see everyone all dressed up!)

**I went through some of my past school blogs and I found this International Day slideshow. It'll give you a glimpse into International Day. (My students from this video are now in 3rd grade...they grow up so fast!) There's a short video of the Parade for you watch. Disclaimer~ I do not know if the man with the bagpipes or the dancing dragon are attending the Parade this year.  **
                               Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
                              Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
                               Another slideshow by Smilebox

No comments:

Post a Comment